Thursday, February 09, 2006

Mundo Laurita!


This is an experiment. I'll REALLY start blogging in a much more ideal situation. Boy, it'll be great. I'll have lots of time and the creative juices will be flowing. It'll be very entertaining and... ideal. In the mean time, I'll just, ya know, tell a few stories, insert a few pictures.

I spend a lot of time in the lab these days. Noooooooooo one wants to hear about that. Except you might want to hear about the time I knocked over the alcolhol and caught the bench on fire, or the time the monkeys got out and chased me into the autoclave room. I'm kidding. We don't have monkeys, but we do have autoclaves. And I do have to be careful with the alcohol. I work with microbes, environmental microbes. No, not hippy, organic granola-eating microbes, but microbes that you can find in water, especially in Portage Bay.

4 comments:

laurita said...

Everyone's doing it!

Dennis said...

Hi there Laura's Dad!
You just did put something out there for everyone to see! It wasn't that hard. And hey there Laura!! I love the dot-theme. It has me seriously reconsidering my black background. Anyway, I hope all is well with you. And I hope to check in soon.
cool,
-Dennis

laurita said...

Hi Dennis! They aren't just dots. It's a giant micro-array molecular detection chip, tagged with fluorescent markers. I think it might say "yes, giardia is present in Portage Bay," but I haven't learned how to interpret microchips yet. Just a guess.

laurita said...

Hi Dennis! They aren't just dots. It's a giant micro-array molecular detection chip, tagged with fluorescent markers. I think it might say "yes, giardia is present in Portage Bay," but I haven't learned how to interpret microchips yet. Just a guess.